Please remember to bring the following items with you at your first visit to our office:
- Dental insurance (if you have dental insurance), including the provider, the group/provider number and the certificate/ID number.
- Dental records and x-rays from your previous dental office if you have visited them within the last 2 years. Michele would also be more than happy to make this request on your behalf. Just let her know the name of the dental clinic and provide a phone number if you have it, and ask her to request a file and x-ray transfer.
- Make sure to bring a list of any medications that you are taking. If you would rather fill out the medical history form at home, ask Michele to email it to you prior to your dental appointment.
What to expect at your first appointment:
- In order to do our part to try to save the environment, our medical/dental history and consent to dental treatment forms are completed on iPads and signed electronically. If you would rather not use the iPad, we can print off the forms and you can fill them out by hand. Please arrive 10 minutes early in order to complete the medical/dental history and consent to dental treatment forms.
- Once in the dental chair, your medical history, medications and allergies are reviewed with you in order to determine if there may be links between your overall health and your dental health, as well as to ensure that dental treatment will be safe for you.
- At Dynamic Dental, we strongly believe in being able to show our patients the condition of their teeth, and therefore include photography as part of the new patient exam. This along with appropriate x-rays (usually 2-4 bitewing x-rays and a panoramic x-ray) will allow our dentist to show you any areas that may require treatment.
- Our dental hygienist will then complete a thorough periodontal evaluation which includes gum pocket probing and gingival (gum) assessment. This is followed by a dental cleaning, which will likely involve an ultrasonic instrument to remove calculus, hand instruments to remove calculus and plaque, and a polish to remove any residual stain so that your teeth feel smooth and clean. In people that haven’t had their teeth professionally cleaned in a long time, or people that develop tenacious calculus (tartar) quickly, more than one appointment may be necessary to complete the cleaning.
- The dentist will then perform and extra oral examination consisting of evaluation of the TMJ (jaw joint), muscles of mastication, lymph nodes and salivary glands. The intra oral examination evaluates soft and hard tissues, looking for abnormalities or potential pathology. Then each tooth is evaluated thoroughly, looking for any sign of decay, erosion or abnormality.
- At this point, we will go over all the findings, as well as the x-rays and pictures that were taken and together with you, determine an appropriate periodontal schedule (scaling and root planning frequency) as well as explain any areas that may require treatment. After discussing the findings, giving you options if there is anything that should be addressed and answering any questions or concerns that you may have, a treatment plan will be formulated between yourself, the dentist and the dental hygienist.
- Once the dental hygienist has reviewed your home oral hygiene routine with you, you will receive your complimentary Oral-B electric toothbrush. We look forward to welcoming you to Dynamic Dental.